Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update on mission call.....

Hi to the few people that have my Blog address.........Friday later in the afternoon I called Sister Powers again since I felt John and I are just a little edgy about each day the mail comes to our home. In fact on Thursday Dawnette and I were going to Longs and my eye caught the mailman and he looked at me and motioned if I wanted the mail brought to the car, so I knew I must of had that desperate look... "The mailman is here" well anyway I tried to control myself and motioned back to him that he could just put it in the mail box.
Well on with speaking to Sister Powers.....I asked her if she knew if our call has been mailed and she said "well maybe it's in this pile that is going out today and then she said "NO" not yet and then she said wait what is your husbands first name" and she paused for awhile and said....."Yes your assignment has been mailed maybe you will get it today" I said well not today because we already got the mail. Again no mail from Utah today but after talking to Stella I asked her if she got our birthday card we sent her last week and said "No" so I think there is a problem with the mail from CA. to UT and the other way around. :-<

4 comments:

Catherine said...

THe suspense is killing us! We are so anxious to hear WHEN you will get your mail and what's inside! We hope it comes soon!

Jamie and Darla said...

I bet you get it Monday!!!

johnandlinda said...

Thanks Catherine and Darla the suspense is killing us too and we hope it will get here by Monday too. I spoke with Pres. Brown today at our Stake Conference and he asked if we knew that we have been assigned? He also said that it may be in another pile for mailing but he felt we should get it this week sometime. He just had this experience with his son Justin who has left recently on his mission.

johnandlinda said...

Darla was right! we got our mail with our "call" on Monday.